Increasing participation saves you money!
After activating your BESTflex Plan each year, it’s important to promote the plan to your employees. By reminding them about the value of using a flexible spending account (FSA), they’re more likely to enroll or renew their participation. And when more employees participate in the plan, your organization saves more money.
- Your FSA provides a tax savings to your organization
- Employers save 7.65% in social security taxes on every dollar that FSA participants contribute to the plan
- This 7.65% in tax savings can be enough to offset the costs of offering the BESTflex Plan in some cases
- Use our Employer Tax-Savings Calculator to estimate how much you can save
Mix and Match Tools to Connect with Your Employees
Send your employees an email with a link to our FSA Savings page, which explains the basics of saving money with an FSA.
- For Outlook
- This email template (.oft file) works best for users who have Microsoft Outlook installed on their computer
- The template uses images and links to videos to engage employees
- Download the template, open it, add body copy if you'd like, and send it to your employees
- For Other Email Systems: Insert Image
- Download the file, copy the image, insert the image in an email, add a subject line, add body copy if you'd like, and send it to your employees
- Tip: Include the link to www.ebcflex.com/FSASavings in the body of your email
- For Other Email Systems: Copy Text
- Download the file, copy and paste the plain text without images into an email, add a subject line, adjust body copy if you'd like, and send it to your employees
FSA Savings Webpage | www.ebcflex.com/FSASavings
This page provides information to help employees understand the value of saving money with an FSA, including videos, examples of eligible expenses, an employee tax-savings calculator, and more. Add the link to this page to your employee intranet, include it in your benefit materials, and direct new employees to it throughout the year.
When employees understand which expenses are eligible for payment from an FSA, they see how much money they can save by participating. Share these resources with your employees to show them examples of purchases and services that are eligible for payment from their FSA.
For Health Care FSAs:
For Dependent Care FSAs:
Add these short, engaging videos to your intranet, HRIS, or benefit administration system. You can also link to them in your emails.
- To embed a video on your webpage, play the video, click the share button in the top right corner, choose embed, and copy the code. Then use that code on your webpage. The latest and greatest video is always displayed!
- To download a video, play the video and click the Vimeo logo in the play bar. This opens the video on Vimeo.com. Once there, click the download button below the video and choose your file size. Save the video to your desired location. If you use this method, make sure you remember to come back and get the latest version every year.
What are Pre-Tax Savings?
Learn how you save money with an FSA.
Savings? What Savings?
A simple example showing savings in action.
Paying with Your FSA
It's easy to pay for eligible expenses with your FSA. Use your Benefits Card!
Paying with Your FSA (without card)
It's easy to pay for eligible expenses with your FSA.
Save Money with FSA Flyer
Reinforce the key benefits of an FSA with handouts. Choose the handout for the FSA(s) you offer and distribute them during your open enrollment period or benefits education meetings.
Hang posters in your breakroom, by the coffee machine, near copiers, or anywhere your employees may congregate. Open this file using free Adobe® Reader, type your organization's open enrollment dates on the bottom of the posters, and then print them on legal-size paper (8.5” x 14”).
Your Summary Plan Description (SPD)
Visit www.ebcflex.com/SPD for detailed information about SPD requirements, where to access yours, and your options for distributing it to your participants. Your SPD helps your participants understand their benefits, reduces questions and confusion, and also protects you against liability.