At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of “making things easy” for our clients is key to our success. Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking qualified candidates for an Accounting Specialist II. The Accounting Specialist II is responsible for reviewing, reconciling, and posting employer benefit plan payments, which include plan administration fees, employer plan funding and participant plan repayments. Additionally, this position is responsible for auditing benefit plan accounts, preparing plan refunds and responding to internal customer service inquires and requests.
Specific duties include:
- Review, code, reconcile and post benefit plan payments in administration system in a timely and accurate manner
- Audit client benefit plan accounts and prepare refund requests for overpayments, repayments, and medical excess funding with high attention to detail
- In adherence to departmental standards, research and respond to assigned departmental service inquiries in a customer centric manner employing professional interpersonal skills to include tact, diplomacy and empathy
- Safeguard confidentiality, privacy and security of organization and customer (PHI) information
- Develop and deliver training on integrated product solutions to employees
- Support corporate objectives to increase product adoption
- Perform other duties as requested
Additional duties may include:
- Provide back up to team members as the need arises
- Post COBRA qualified beneficiary premium payments in administration system and assist in reconciling issues as needed
- Perform other duties as requested
Qualified candidates should have an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field; may be substituted with two years relevant experience.
Other qualifications include:
- 2 to 5 years working experience with Accounting in a professional office environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting and internal control principles
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, utilizing proper grammar, syntax and excellent business acumen
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Previous experience working with COBRA and tax advantaged benefit plans
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to an outside client, meeting or conference, requiring some overnight stays
- Possession of valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state regulated continuation plan administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. Employee Benefits Corporation offers a family-oriented environment made up of caring, committed professionals who are passionate about delivering an excellent experience to our brokers, employers and their participants. We’re 100 percent employee-owned which instills a refreshing sense of true ownership and accountability knowing our efforts directly impacts our success. We don't just work here. It's personal; and we take pride in everything we do. We offer an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including retirement benefits. We encourage professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. Employee Benefits Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.