At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of "making things easy" for our clients is key to our success. Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant supports various aspects of the organization's financial cycle, including daily and monthly and general ledger accounting functions, account reconciliations, and other financial analysis. This position ensures the integrity of accounting information by maintaining accurate and complete financial records and reporting.
- Maintain the company’s general ledger accounts, including the preparation of accruals, daily and monthly journal entries, and preliminary analytics/analysis.
- Prepare complex daily and monthly account reconciliations with attention to detail, including issue research and resolution.
- Review, analyze and create journal entry for revenue, applying multiple element revenue recognition criteria and methodology.
- Accurately complete daily banking activities while meeting departmental service level standards.
- Maintain fixed asset records and activity, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Quarterly audit of Sales & Use Tax, as well as reporting to the appropriate state agency.
- Support fiscal year end close and audit preparation activities
- Assist in developing, improving and implementing accounting procedures by analyzing current processes and recommending changes.
- Maintain documented procedures related to Staff Accountant processes. As well as customer facing forms and letters used in the Staff Accountant process.
- Complete assigned departmental tasks within defined service level agreement standards and in a customer centric manner.
- Participate in accounting process/control continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Provide assistance and back up support to team members.
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field; may be substituted with four years’ relevant experience. Thorough comprehension of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). Accurate, organized and detail oriented. Logical, systematic, and sequential approach to problem solving and analysis. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, utilizing proper grammar, syntax and excellent business acumen. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Preferred qualifications include previous experience with accounting software packages. CPA credentials, or working toward a CPA. Previous experience working with COBRA and tax advantaged benefit plans.
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state regulated continuation plan administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. Employee Benefits Corporation offers a family-oriented environment made up of caring, committed professionals who are passionate about delivering an excellent experience to our brokers, employers and their participants. We’re 100 percent employee-owned which instills a refreshing sense of true ownership and accountability knowing our efforts directly impact our success. We don't just work here. It's personal; and we take pride in everything we do. We offer an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including retirement benefits. We encourage professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. Employee Benefits Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.