At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of “making things easy” for our clients is key to our success. Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sales Operations Specialist. The Sales Operations Specialist is responsible for collaborating with Regional Sales Directors (RSD) for all sales support activities. This position establishes and fosters ongoing and trusted working relationships with the broker distribution channel and clients. The role requires a high level of organization with strong communication skills and the ability to prioritize workload based on ever-changing business needs. This position interacts with Regional Sales Directors, brokers, prospects, client contacts, and operations service teams across the organization.
- Establish, maintain and foster effective and positive relationships with all customers internal and external to the organization
- Provide accurate, timely and thorough answers to broker, partner, client and internal staff inquiries using knowledge of Employee Benefits Corporation products and services in a customer-centric manner utilizing tact, diplomacy and empathy
- Prepare proposals and Requests for Proposal (RFPs) as requested
- Collaborate with RSDs to advise on plan design to meet customer needs
- Work independently with small group contacts and their brokers to complete and approve service agreements and review service agreements that are submitted by the RSD, client or broker, following up as required to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Conduct system demonstrations for small group prospects and/or brokers
- Collaborate with RSDs in business pipeline development, including identifying new brokers in a territory, researching and tracking leads, and conducting competitive analysis
- Maintain and proactively manage business pipeline activity, documenting each prospect and customer interaction and action item in a proactive, compliant manner and in adherence to business standards
- Work collaboratively with team members and independently to resolve conflicts quickly and effectively
- Collaborate with Marketing to prepare broker communications and initiate Marketing campaigns
- Responsible for RSD territory trip planning, including all aspects of meeting coordination, including meals and travel as requested
- Prepare and analyze sales activity reports to the Vice President of Business Development
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of products, concepts behind all variables and how products apply to various situations, product pricing, commissions and regulations at a level of proficiency to resolve complex requests and inquiries
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of business processes between Marketing, Sales, Onboarding and Enrollment
- Safeguard confidentiality, privacy and security of organization and customer (PHI) information
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales and Marketing or similar field; may be substituted with four years’ experience. Three years prior related work experience providing exceptional customer service in a professional office setting. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, utilizing proper grammar, syntax and excellent business acumen. Superior customer service, persuasive and consultation skills. Demonstrated ability to work both individually and collaboratively. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Demonstrated written and verbal presentation skills across a variety of venues. Availability and willingness to travel (nationally up to 5% and locally up to 10%.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of tax advantaged benefit plans, COBRA and/or health insurance
- Previous experience in Benefits Administration, working with insurance brokers and/or carrier, or in the health insurance industry
- Ability to communicate effectively in numerous conversations throughout the day on the telephone, in writing and in person to provide information and assistance
- Ability to reach in all directions and bend/stoop to store and retrieve files, use telephone, calculator, computer and other office equipment
- Ability to move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, retrieve office supplies and make general deliveries
- Dexterity and hand/eye coordination necessary to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Ability to complete job duties where there may be eyestrain due to constant viewing of computer screens
- Ability to complete job duties in an environment where background noise and frequent interruptions are consistent
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state regulated continuation plan administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. Employee Benefits Corporation offers a family-oriented environment made up of caring, committed professionals who are passionate about delivering an excellent experience to our brokers, employers and their participants. We’re 100 percent employee-owned which instills a refreshing sense of true ownership and accountability knowing our efforts directly impact our success. We don't just work here. It's personal; and we take pride in everything we do. We offer an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including retirement benefits. We encourage professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. Employee Benefits Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.