At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of “making things easy” for our clients is key to our success. Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Controller. The incumbent for this role will be a hands-on leader responsible for overseeing organizational financial management and reporting. Areas of oversight include budgeting and forecasting, as well as governmental and organizational reporting. This role monitors the organization’s financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information. The Controller is also responsible for the direct supervision, training, mentoring and coaching of the accounting team to ensure that the team functions effectively and represents Employee Benefits Corporation in a positive, professional manner.
- In collaboration with the CFO, identify and implement strategic financial and procedural goals, benchmarks, quality controls and measurements to impact the financial health of the organization in all accounting practices
- Manage the staff, resources, and processes of the Corporate Accounting department to ensure accurate and timely work completion in the following areas:
- accounts receivable
- accounts payable
- general ledger management
- month end and year end close processes
- Direct and ensure completion and accuracy of daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations
- Prepare and publish timely and accurate monthly and annual financial reports for management
- Serve as point of contact for accounting related communications with outside audit firms, software vendor(s), and collection agencies
- Evaluate, create and maintain controls to ensure integrity and accuracy of all data, systems, and processes involved in financial management and reporting. With a focus on controls around corporate funds and their associated liabilities.
- Monitor, manage and report on established milestones and measures, identifying trends and opportunities for process efficiencies and service improvement
- Oversee and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts as requested
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Safeguard assets through adherence to guidelines and procedures for the procurement, reporting, physical control, and disposal of assets
- Develop strategic long and/or short-range staffing plans and departmental goals to ensure cross-training, work flow management and employee engagement
- Participate in the recruiting and onboarding processes of new hires
- Provide regular mentoring /performance feedback and complete annual performance evaluations for team members
- Maintain current working knowledge on company products, processes and industry accounting best practices, tools and methodologies
- Safeguard confidentiality, privacy and security of organization and customer (PHI) information
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field in addition to at least seven years in an accounting role with progressive responsibilities. A minimum of three years supervisory experience is also needed. The successful incumbent will also have effective verbal and written communication skills, utilizing proper grammar, syntax and excellent business acumen. Demonstrated and thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles is a must have in order to be considered. Experience with tax advantaged benefit programs or in a high volume service industry is preferred.
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state regulated continuation plan administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. Employee Benefits Corporation offers a family-oriented environment made up of caring, committed professionals who are passionate about delivering an excellent experience to our brokers, employers and their participants. We’re 100 percent employee-owned which instills a refreshing sense of true ownership and accountability knowing our efforts directly impact our success. We don't just work here. It's personal; and we take pride in everything we do. We offer an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including retirement benefits. We encourage professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. Employee Benefits Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.