Be a part of a growing, 100% employee-owned company! Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking candidates for a Human Resources Generalist position. The Human Resources Generalist partners closely with the Human Resources team and management in developing and implementing Human Resources policies, programs and benefits that support the goals and objectives of the organization. This true generalist position affords candidates the opportunity to carry out in the following functional areas: benefits administration, compensation, employment, employee relations, training and development and compliance.
- Provides day-to-day administration of company benefit programs, including 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership and Health and Welfare plans
- Researches, resolves and responds to questions from plan participants regarding the organization’s benefit programs, including resolution of escalated benefit plan issues.
- Develop communication tools to enhance the understanding of the organization’s benefit package
- Assist with yearly compliance reporting, benefit plan audits, government reporting and testing requirements(i.e.Affordable Care Act, non-discrimination testing, 5500,etc.).
- Assists with benefit plan design, benefit cost changes and vendor relationships including vendor renewal process
- Prepares benefit related reports and reviews data to identify trends that will assist with future benefit plan design
- Actively participates in all aspects of recruitment and selection of employees
- Provides compensation support including salary survey preparation and market research to ensure competitive compensation
- Serves as a consultative resource to internal customers to manage, guide and resolve employee relations issues
- Assists in the development of HR policies and provides policy guidance and interpretation to all levels across organization
- Provides training on Human Resources related topics and initiatives
- Acts as back-up for payroll processing
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field along with at least 5 years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years of experience administering company benefit plans. This position requires a broad knowledge and experience in multiple human resource disciplines along with in-depth knowledge of HR related employment laws and benefit regulations, including ERISA and the Affordable Care Act. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with previous experience with an HRIS system is required. Human Resources certification and previous payroll and retirement plan administration experience is strongly preferred. Idea candidates will have a positive, friendly attitude along with strong oral and written communication skills. A demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, work independently with tight timelines while juggling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment is also required for this role.
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state-regulated continuation administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. As a 100% employee-owned company, we are committed to using our experience, knowledge, creativity and technology to ensure our customers’ satisfaction with their plans and with our services. Employee Benefits Corporation provides a competitive benefits package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please find this open position at www.jobsinmadison.com. Please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Employee Benefits Corporation.