At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of “making things easy” for our clients is key to our success.
This role may be a fit for you if you like to dig in to learn how things really work, make complicated information easy to understand, and get the details just right!
Under the direction of the Marketing Director, the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for creating marketing content, managing assignments, and communicating the Employee Benefits Corporation story. This position collaborates with the Marketing team and other internal departments, performs research, and contributes to marketing plans and strategic initiatives. All work is focused on providing exceptional experiences to internal and external customers and building the Employee Benefits Corporation brand and reputation.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Write, edit, and update content, which may include web copy, emails, social media, print collateral, blogs, forms, user documentation, and other technical documents
- Create clear, accurate, compelling, and actionable content that supports relevant comprehension by the target audience(s), which may include benefit brokers, human resource administrators, benefit participants, and Employee Benefit Corporation employees
- Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts to interview, perform research, and obtain an in-depth understanding of products and processes
- Coordinate review processes and timelines for assigned content, gather feedback from cross-functional teams, and incorporate it appropriately by following department best practices, working to achieve communication objectives, and driving for mutually-acceptable solutions
- Proactively conceptualize graphics and illustrations to complement technical and complex content
- Manage content metadata and serve as a champion for the company’s content management best practices
- Publish content to various locations depending on relevant details such as applicable audience, product, and version
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans for products, projects, regulatory changes, and other needs that arise
- Represent marketing on project teams and in meetings, lead meetings about marketing plans, and effectively pitch marketing recommendations
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, as well as vendors, partners, and industry peers
- With guidance from the Marketing Director, follow department procedures to evaluate, prioritize, follow up on, and/or complete support requests from other departments
- Track and report results of marketing deliverables and initiatives
- Contribute to and execute editorial calendars and annual assignments
- Leverage technology to improve processes and discover new capabilities
- Communicate the story of Employee Benefits Corporation in ways that build brand recognition and positive reputation
- Use and contribute to the visual and voice brand style guide and support consistency across deliverables and audiences
- Champion the brand in a positive and productive manner
Do you have the qualifications we are seeking? Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Technical Writing, or related field; may be substituted with four years directly related experience
- One year experience working in a professional office environment with business communication and writing responsibilities
- Proven, effective verbal and written communication skills demonstrated in provided work samples or portfolios, utilizing proper grammar, syntax, and excellent business acumen
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgement, and conflict resolution in collaborative and independent environments
- Willingness to learn about a new topic from an expert through asking questions
- Experience making information easy-to-understand, creating excellent customer experiences
While not required, experience with web-based marketing tools, content management systems, and a basic understanding of HTML are preferred skills, as well as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Analytics, and Facebook Analytics. Other preferred qualifications are video software and creation, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software experience as well as survey tool experience and knowledge of survey best practices.
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state regulated continuation plan administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. Employee Benefits Corporation offers a family-oriented environment made up of caring, committed professionals who are passionate about delivering an excellent experience to our brokers, employers and their participants. We’re 100 percent employee-owned which instills a refreshing sense of true ownership and accountability knowing our efforts directly impact our success. We don't just work here. It's personal; and we take pride in everything we do. We offer an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including retirement benefits. We encourage professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. Employee Benefits Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.