Be a part of a growing, 100% employee-owned company!
The Senior ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Developer is responsible for developing and architecting the ETL processes that enable electronic data interchange (EDI) and processing with partners and clients. This position coordinates with multiple groups – both internal and external to the organization – to define, develop, and maintain a comprehensive organizational portfolio of ETL processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage existing third-party data exchange relationships and work with vendors, partners, and clients to define, implement, document, and maintain data exchange files, file specifications, and supporting business processes
- Create and deploy EDI processes primarily using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL
- Act as a technical point of contact in support of new and existing data exchange relationships
- Identify, research, communicate, and resolve data processing exceptions
- Define and manage continuous improvement projects and client EDI implementations
- Identify and suggest improvements to increase accuracy and efficiency of any ETL process
- Collaborate within team and across areas of the organization to provide customer-centric service utilizing professional interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, and empathy
- Maintain current knowledge on existing and evolving products, industry standards, practices, and technologies
Qualified candidates will have an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, which may be substituted with four years of relevant work experience. A minimum of two years of progressive experience querying, manipulating and transforming data is also required.
Other required qualifications are:
- Ability to understand and code moderate to complex stored procedures
- 2 years’ experience using SSIS or similar ETL technology
- Proven and exceptional attention to detail
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, utilizing proper grammar, syntax, and excellent business acumen
Preferred qualifications include:
- One year data analysis experience in a professional office setting
- Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL experience preferred
- General knowledge with industry data exchange file formats (e.g., XML, X12, CSV/flat files)
- Experience with related tools and technologies: FTP, data/file encryption, data modeling, business intelligence tools (e.g., erwin, QlikView, Tableau), scheduling utilities (e.g., VirtualCron)
- Business Intelligence Markup Language (BIML) experience a plus
- Scripting/coding experience: PowerShell, C#
- Visio experience
- Prior experience working with COBRA and tax-advantaged benefit plans
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state regulated continuation plan administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. Employee Benefits Corporation offers a family-oriented environment, caring, committed professionals, passionate about delivering an excellent benefits experience to our brokers, employers and their participants. We’re 100 percent employee-owned and our efforts directly impact our success. We don't just work here. It's personal and we take pride in everything we do. We offer comprehensive health and dental insurance with options and retirement benefits that include employee-ownership. We encourage professional development program and support a healthy work-life balance. Employee Benefits Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.