At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of “making things easy” for our clients is key to our success. Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Project Manager. The individual in this role is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of assigned projects that are under the oversight of the Project Management Office (PMO). This position ensures appointed projects are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner across the organization. In addition, the Project Manager proactively partners and collaborates with Product Development to define opportunities and prioritize projects based upon predefined criteria. Communication and collaboration with all levels of the organization in a customer centric manner is cornerstone of the Project Manager position.
More specific responsibilities include:
- End to end project management of assigned projects including planning, tracking, executing, and finalizing project deliverables according to strict deadlines and within budget
- Define opportunities to identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria such as ROI, productivity, and compliance in partnership with Product Development Director
- Collaborate with management and stakeholders to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Work with subject matter experts to develop business cases, project plans, schedules, change management plans and communication plans
- Plan and schedule project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools
- Identify and manage project dependencies, critical paths, issues and risks objectively and determine the proper course of action to resolve, address or mitigate
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts between project teams in collaboration with Product Development Director
- Effectively communicate and continually manage project expectations with project teams and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Proactively manage, document and communicate changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans
- Facilitate detailed requirement gathering and review sessions with technical and business staff, including all levels of management
- Document and manage business and quality requirements
- Identify and model business use and system test cases
- Proactively lead solution assessment and validation in collaboration with IT application architecture area
- Coach and mentor Business Analysts and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work as appropriate
- Recommend and develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Facilitate new product development processes and teams and coordinate implementation-related activities
- Understand the deliverables of internal and external customers and contribute to success through cooperative and collegial processes
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field, in addition to at least five years’ experience in project management and business case development. The successful incumbent will also have demonstrated success in managing multiple, parallel projects and initiatives in a fast paced environment across various business disciplines.
Further requirements for this position include are as follows:
- Demonstrated ability to document requirements using industry standard structured languages and/or diagrams
- Proven understanding of people, process, and technology integration with a customer centric focus
- Knowledge of project management and implementation theory, methodologies, and tools Familiarity with new product development processes and life cycle
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, utilizing proper grammar, syntax and excellent business acumen
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgement and conflict resolution in collaborative and independent environs
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills to include diplomacy, empathy, influencing and negotiation
- Intermediate proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- PMP certification, IT and BA experience, Team Foundation Server and Agile Scrum Methodology experience and working knowledge of COBRA and tax advantaged benefit plans are preferred
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state regulated continuation plan administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. Employee Benefits Corporation offers a family-oriented environment made up of caring, committed professionals who are passionate about delivering an excellent experience to our brokers, employers and their participants. We’re 100 percent employee-owned which instills a refreshing sense of true ownership and accountability knowing our efforts directly impact our success. We don't just work here. It's personal; and we take pride in everything we do. We offer an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including retirement benefits. We encourage professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. Employee Benefits Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.