At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of “making things easy” for our clients is key to our success. Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Project Management Office Director position. The Project Management Office Director is responsible for leading the planning, execution and communication of programs and projects to meet the organization’s objectives. In collaboration with other leaders, the Director defines, prioritizes, and develops programs and projects across the organization. The Director develops and implements project processes and policies, directs project managers and business analysts, and communicates to stakeholders on status, risks and process/product changes.
Specific duties include:
- Drive prioritization of programs and projects based on alignment with enterprise and/or departmental objectives
- Manage the enterprise project portfolio, schedule, milestones, resources and dependencies
- Collaborate in estimating project work effort and resources
- Secure and allocate project resources from across the organization
- Regularly conduct reviews of progress toward completion of projects within the portfolio
- Act in the capacity of project manager for certain initiatives, fulfilling all required responsibilities of the position
- Participate in strategic planning sessions
- Understand organizational and departmental objectives and how those align to the organization’s long term strategy
- Work collaboratively with departments to launch and support the most appropriate projects
- Provide consultation/mentoring regarding project management best practices required for successful project implementations to project managers, business sponsors, and project stakeholders
- Own the content creation and continuous development of the enterprise project management methodology
- Develop guidelines and templates for project documentation, controls and business cases
- Maintain focus on emerging project management trends and best practices and incorporate appropriate findings into the enterprise project management methodology
- Track, monitor and report key project management performance measures
- Regularly report on status, issues and risks of the project portfolio
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization as well as vendors, partners and industry peers
- Recommend and assist in the development and implementation of company and departmental goals and objectives
- Establish and hold team accountable to departmental policies, procedures and processes that support the company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic initiatives
- Plan, prioritize, assign, coordinate, and monitor the work of the project management team
- Establish and maintain work schedules, identify resource requirements and allocate resources accordingly
- Ensure staff knowledge and development through training, coaching, mentoring and counseling
- Provide ongoing performance feedback to team and complete written annual performance evaluations
- Manage budgets for the PMO team and monitor project expenditures against budget for the project portfolio
- Safeguard confidentiality, privacy and security of organization and customer (PHI) information
- Perform other duties as requested
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or related discipline. 10+ years of proven project management experience, acting as project manager for large scale projects (i.e., including software development) on time and within budget using proven project management practices and structured methodologies. 5+ years of recent supervisory experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) with demonstrated understanding of Center of Excellence concepts concerning enterprise governance, standards and system support requirements. Prior project management experience utilizing Agile methodologies. Demonstrated knowledge of software development methodologies. Successful track record of managing business process improvement and systems integration initiatives. Demonstrated understanding of program management concepts and implementation techniques including project portfolio management and project lifecycle management. Demonstrated understanding of technology components and infrastructure requirements supporting the implementation of tightly integrated information technology solutions. Demonstrated understanding of requirements gathering techniques. Proven track record in learning new concepts quickly, applying depth and breadth of current skills in analyzing new opportunities or problem areas. Demonstrated competence I identifying risk areas and proactively determining appropriate mitigation strategies. Self-starter attitude, ability to work with ambiguity and strong sense of accountability and ownership. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills. Strong leadership, problem-solving, analytical decision making, sound judgement and conflict resolution. Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills to include diplomacy, empathy, influencing and negotiation. Strong organizational and time management skills with proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a high paced environment with limited direction and a strong sense of urgency. Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite. Ability and willingness to travel occasionally, requiring some overnight stays. Possession of valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. Successful implementation of a PMO in a comparably sized company preferred.
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state-regulated continuation administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. As a 100% employee-owned company, we are committed to using our experience, knowledge, creativity and technology to ensure our customers’ satisfaction with their plans and with our services. Employee Benefits Corporation provides a competitive benefits package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.