At Employee Benefits Corporation, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships around our trusted brand of “making things easy” for our clients is key to our success. Employee Benefits Corporation is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Software Engineer position. This position is responsible for maintaining information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions for new and existing system features that are essential to the growth of the business. This position is also responsible for providing impactful solutions in consultation with system experts, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end users. The Software Engineer designs, codes, and test system changes using industry best practices and coding patterns, performing root cause analyses and developing solutions for production service desk issues; and other key software support and engineering activities.
Specific duties include:
- Design, code and test solutions and system changes using accepted best practices and coding patterns by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code to ensure longevity and maintainability of developed applications
- Manage time and priorities effectively to meet aggressive project schedules
- Maintain development environment; including software build servers and scripts.
- Maintain and extend organization’s software Application Program Interface (API)
- Create, maintain and extend system test environment
- Actively participate in the Agile software development process
- Work collaboratively within team and across organization, applying service oriented and professional communication skills to include diplomacy, tact and empathy
- Maintain current working knowledge on company products, processes and industry data exchange best practices, tools and methodologies
- Safeguard confidentiality, privacy and security of organization and customer (PHI) information
- Perform other duties as requested
Qualified candidates will have an Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; may be substituted with four years of relevant work experience. Minimum two years working experience with object-oriented design, C#, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, and Visual Studio. Intermediate proficiency in T-SQL, SQL Query tools and syntax. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, utilizing proper grammar, syntax and excellent business acumen. Proven success managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment, applying project management and other industry-specific methodologies. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Possession of valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. Previous experience working with COBRA and tax advantaged benefits plans is preferred.
Employee Benefits Corporation administers a variety of employee benefits, from IRS-approved, tax-advantaged plans to COBRA and state-regulated continuation administration, through informative education materials, dedicated reporting, creative plan design and expert customer support. As a 100% employee-owned company, we are committed to using our experience, knowledge, creativity and technology to ensure our customers’ satisfaction with their plans and with our services. Employee Benefits Corporation provides a competitive benefits package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
If this position sounds like what you have been searching for in a career, please click on the link below to apply. Once your resume has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.